Regular dental examinations are a critical and very important part of preventive dental health care. During a dental examination, the dentist, or hygienist will check your teeth and check for cavities , gum disease and other signs of dental problems.
The dental oral examination examination includes evaluating your risk of developing other oral problems and also checking your face, neck and mouth for abnormalities.
A healthy dental structure will help with the overall health of the patient. Dental problems are associated with a wide hosts of other diseases and therefore its very important to have your teeth checked regularly. Your dentist will also look at your bite structure and if you wear a removable denture, the dentist will also inspect the area surrounding it ensuring that there’s no inflammation or other issues.
- Treat tooth brushing as a routine and lead by example
- Use an age appropriate toothpaste with flouride
- Use a pea sized amount of toothpaste for children under 6 years
- Spit, dont rinse after tooth brushing
- Replace your tooth brush regularly
- To maximise the effect of the mouth rinse use at a different time to tooth brushing
Oram Examination………€50 (Free with PRSI)